- That high protein oil from Peru that comes from a seed and has the highest omega 3, 6 and 9.
- One of the richest natural sources of omega fatty acids essential for human life.
- That beautiful looking star shaped pod that houses the seed, is 100% natural and contains no additives.
This unknown seed is amazing, of course that's why!
It might be new to the UK community but the people of Peru have been using Sacha Inchi Oil as a food source for 3000 years. Who’d have known? The seed of the plant is either lightly roasted or it's used as a cooking oil. It has a slightly nutty flavour and therefore sometimes called the Inca Peanut. It has been cultivated in the Amazon rainforest along the east slope of the lower Andes for over 3,000 years.
For your information though it does have a few different names!
It’s also known as Plukenetia Volubilus, Inca peanut, Sacha Peanut, Mountain Peanut and Sacha Inchi Inca to name a few.
It’s full of anti-oxidants to help protect against environmental stress, and Vitamin A & E are a must in our skincare regime and lucky for us this oil has them both. All helping to tone skin and reduce those wrinkles. We're in!
So, just a few of the benefits if part of your skincare regime:
- Helps to restore balance
- Light oil that absorbs quickly
- Antioxidant – helps support anti-aging
- Balance acne prone skin
- Suitable for all skin types
As a result people are starting to hear and talk about this amazing seed. I read recently that it’s now on the superfood list for vegans, fantastic news for this seed. It’s organic, fairly traded and sustainably produced, Oxfam have even helped the people of Peru export it fairly.
Consequently that’s why we added it into all of our formulas and products at Eloquence. It’s us now, it’s our signature ingredient and what makes EQ products so great.
Enjoy the run up to Christmas and the start of the festivities!