Finding the best gel face wash can be a daunting task. With so many products on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best gel face washes to help make your decision easier. Whether you’re looking for a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils or a product that can tackle tough acne, we’ve got you covered.
10 best gel face wash reviews
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Facial Cleanser, Foaming Acne Face Wash with Salicylic Acid, Helps Clear Acne Breakouts and with Oily Skin Control, Oil Free, Fragrance Free
- This salicylic acid face wash is formulated with 2% salicylic acid and lipo-hydroxy acid to remove impurities without harsh scrub particles that may irritate skin.
- Helps clear acne breakouts, blemishes, pimples
- Clinically tested to reduce excess surface oil by upto 47 percent, leaving skin less oily throughout the day
- 2% Salicylic Acid: Known for its effective exfoliating properties to help clear and refine the appearance of pores. An ideal choice for those concerned with clogged pores and oily skin. Lipo-Hydroxy Acid: Also known as LHA, it's a derivative of salicylic acid, and has exfolaiting and skin renewing properties. Glycerin: Derived from vegetable sources, it's an excellent humectant. It helps hydrate skin by absorbing water from the surrounding environment.
- Tested on sensitive skin; Allergy tested; Dermatologist tested; Non-Comedogenic
Honest Beauty Gentle Gel Cleanser with Chamomile & Calendula Extracts, Sulfate Free, Paraben Free, 5.0 Fl Oz
- New look, same great formula; packaging may vary
- Gently removes impurities
- AM plus PM skincare staple for all skin types
- Calm & refresh
- Dermatologist tested, Cruelty free
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Facial Cleanser & Makeup Remover Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, 6 oz
- 6-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily Hydrating Facial Cleansing Gel to boost skin's hydration for soft, supple skin
- This hydrating gel formula contains hyaluronic acid and is proven to increase skin's hydration and lock it in, leaving skin feeling refreshingly clean and touchably supple, every time you cleanse
- Lightweight cleanser is easy to apply. The gel transforms into a silky lather that effectively washes away dirt, oil and bacteria and lifts away make-up without stripping your skin for a refreshing and hydrating at-home self-care experience
- This hydrating cleanser & make-up remover is soap-free, oil-free, and paraben-free. From a dermatologist recommended brand, it is also non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial cleansing gel is effective for cleansing before & after wearing your mask. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Collection also includes hydrating Hand Cream, Body Gel Cream, Facial Moisturizers and Cleansers with hyaluronic acid
Acne Face Wash with Benzoyl Peroxide by the makers of Differin Gel, Daily Deep Cleanser, Gentle Skin Care for Acne Prone Sensitive Skin, 4 oz
- Contains 5 percent benzoyl peroxide, which is as effective as 10 percent benzoyl peroxide, but with less irritation and dryness
- Dual action, micronized formula penetrates deep into skin to absorb excess oil, while releasing a gentle moisturizer that won’t clog pores
- Perfect for those seeking a deep, powerful cleanse that won’t strip their skin
- Dermatologist developed formula, great for daily use
COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, 5.07 fl.oz / 150ml | Mild Face Cleanser | Korean Skin Care for Acne Prone Skin, PH Balancing, Anti Acne, Breakouts Treatment
- Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser: Cleanse daily with this gentle and effective gel type cleanser day and night, removing impurities while strengthening your skin barrier.
- Cleanse for a Luminous Day and Silky Night: While refining the skin texture, the cleanser will help cleanse with no stripping. Great for all skin types, wake up to a firmer-looking skin while letting it rest clean during the night.
- Key Ingredients: pH balanced, tea-tree oil, and BHA to soothe and strengthen for luminous and clear skin.
- Inspired by Skin's Natural pH level: Following your skin's slightly acidic natural pH level, this cleanser helps balance your skin and protect it from trouble-causing irritants.
- COSRX Standards: All COSRX products are formulated with skin-friendly ingredients that alleviate irritated skin. Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist tested, Animal Testing-FREE, Parabens-FREE, Sulfates-FREE, Phthalates-FREE
Honest Beauty Magic Gel-to-Milk Cleanser with Pink Kaolin Clay & Water | EWG Certified + Dermatologist & Ophthalmologist tested & Cruelty Free | 4 fl. oz.
- New look, same great formula; packaging may vary
- Effortlessly helps remove makeup, prepping skin for a deeper cleanse
- EWG Certified + Dermatologist & Ophthalmologist tested
- Cruelty free
- 100% tree-free paper carton
Acure Brightening Cleansing Gel, 100% Vegan for A Brighter Appearance, Pomegranate, Blackberry & Acai, Antioxidant, Rich & Super Gentle, All Skin Types, Superfruit + Chlorella, 4 Fl Oz
- YOUR GOAL: Brighter Appearance
- OUR SOLUTION: Get glowing with this super gentle, nutrient-packed cleanser that gets right to work washing away dirt, oil and make-up. Antioxidant-rich pomegranate, blackberry and acai team up to support your skin’s inherent awesomeness.
- Formulated for all skin types. Gently cleanses, removes impurities and balances
- Vegan and certified cruelty-free. Also Paraben free, Sulfate free, Mineral oil free, Petrolatum free and Formaldehyde free
- DIRECTIONS: Just a drop or two will do—gently massage your face with wet fingertips to remove dirt and the effects of a long day. Rinse thoroughly and bask in your glow.
Epionce | Lytic Gel Cleanser | Facial Cleanser | Makeup Remover | Face Wash for Oil Skin | For Combination and Oily Skin
- Cleanse + Prepare: Healthy Skin Starts with Clean Skin. Cleanse + Prepare products gently and effectively remove dirt, oil and makeup without over drying or causing visible redness and irritation.
- How to Use: Apply 1–2 pumps to damp skin. Rinse with warm water. Pat skin dry.
- Usage: The Lytic Gel Cleanser is a refreshing antimicrobial cleanser that effectively removes dirt, oil and makeup without causing unnecessary dryness or strip the skin barrier. May be used as a body wash. May be used as a shampoo to help with seborrheic dermatitis.
- Works Best With: Purifying Toner, Lytic Plus Tx or Lytic Sport Tx, Intense Defense Serum, Renewal Lite Facial Lotion, Epionce sunscreen.
- Epionce: Epionce is a physician-strength skin care line created by clinical dermatologist, Dr. Carl Thornfeldt. Our gentle and effective formulas are paraben-free, fragrance-free, sulfate-free, gluten-free, and non-comedogenic
Simple Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash Sensitive Skin 5 oz
- Simple Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash with micellar cleansing bubbles, gently yet effectively cleanse your face, removing dirt and make-up.
- Proven by clinicals and consumers to not over-dry skin
- Instantly restores hydration to dehydrated skin, leaving it feeling refreshed, supple and comfortable
- Lightweight gel formulation glides onto skin, leaving it feeling refreshed, silky and smooth.
- Skin feels supple and comfortable after use.
Neutrogena Acne Proofing Daily Facial Gel Cleanser with Salicylic Acid Acne Medicine, Oil-Free Acne-Fighting Face Wash, 6 oz
- 6-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Acne Proofing Daily Facial Gel Cleanser with salicylic acid is clinically proven to clear breakouts and help defend against new breakouts
- Gel cleanser was created specifically for acne-prone skin and contains maximum strength salicylic acid, a key acne treatment ingredient to fight breakouts
- Powered by ClearDefend Technology helps preserve skin's essential defenses so it becomes more acne resistant with regular use.
- Face wash is gentle on skin and recommended to be used twice a day to acne-proof skin and clear breakouts
- Acne-fighting formula is oil-free and from Neutrogena, the #1 dermatologist recommended acne brand
There are many excellent gel face washes on the market. By doing your research, you can find the one that is perfect for your skin type. Be sure to read the labels and ingredients list, and to test out a few different brands before settling on one. Your skin will thank you!